Saturday, November 8, 2008

Why ?

In Dublin, I came across this statue of Jim Larkin, which had a plate with a few words which kept me thinking.

The words read, “The Great Appear Great Because We Are On Our Knees, Let Us Rise”

My Question is, “Why do we choose to get on our knees in the first place?”

A lot of us complain saying:-

1. “I am not special to this world.” - You will not until you are special to your self.

2. “No body treats me with respect.” - No one will until you respect yourself.

3. “No matter how much I try, I do not succeed.” - You will not until you believe that you will.

And a zillion other things.

It is OK to be Negative to some extent in life. But it should not be so much that you fail to see the ray of light ahead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm falling in love with your blog.. keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

"The Great Appear Great Because We Are On Our Knees, Let Us Rise" - My status message at work today :)

Ferox Magister said...

@raji, I Thank you. I promise to share everything I learn in life.

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)

Ferox Magister said...

You are welcome :-)