Thursday, November 13, 2008

Making Way for the needy.

On 07 Nov 2008 at 11:00 AM, I was on my way to Infantry Road, riding my Unicorn to buy a battery for my Camera. When I was passing by the Entrance of Cantonment Rly Station, I see an Ambulance with its Siren On and managing its way in the traffic. I was wondering as to How this driver would reach where ever he has to, in this traffic. He took a right from the Circle in front of "Cantt Railway Station", and is stuck at the beginning of the road, with vehicles jammed in that narrow road. I could hear the Driver of the Ambulance using the PA System on the Ambulance and requesting the motorists ahead of him to make way for him. But none moved due to the lack of space ahead of them, as the Jam was till the end of the narrow road and the Policeman was diligintly managing the signal ahead. I was two vehicles behind the Ambulance, I got Off my Bike and with help of another motorist managed to put my bike on the footpath on the left and ripped my way to the begining of the Jam and told the policeman to make way for the Ambulance, and When looked ahead, on Queens Road, the Signal Jam is from Indian Express Cirlce till the Krishna Temple on the right of the road. I looked back to see the traffic clearing for the Ambulance. I knew, if I do not clear the traffice ahead, the Ambulance will be further delayed. I ripped again and the same technique worked, riding on the Footpath. I could reach close to the signal, could not ride any further due a lot of pedestriants. Hence, got off the bike and ran to the policeman in the next signal and seeked his help. The policeman immeditally let the traffic go and I was happy to see the Ambulance speed its way to the Hospital on Cunningham Road. I continued my way to buy the Battery, Two guys on a bike passed by me and asked me, why was I like a maniac on the road and riding on the footpath. I told them that I was trying my best to make way for the Ambulance, they commended my effort. I felt nice and said a small prayer, that the patient in the Ambulance should be fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

small world.. I was on the same road at about the same time.. crazy huh??

Ferox Magister said...

Really !! ? Would have certainly been nice to meet you.

Usha said...

god bless you for that!

Ferox Magister said...

@usha, Hey Thank you.